Our leadership team: up to the challenge of preventing side-effects.
- Jim Iversen, CEO/COO Jim is a Senior Executive with a consistent track record of developing and executing business strategies that deliver rapid growth in sales, profits, market share, employee and customer satisfaction. Client engagements range from start-ups to late stage, often resulting in an M&A transaction.
- Jacqueline Iversen, RPh, MS, Head of Clinical Development Jackie has extensive knowledge and capabilities in a multitude of clinical settings. Her expertise involves providing clinical education across the healthcare continuum. She also completed a research fellowship in pharmacokinetics and pain at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Thomas Dahl, PhD, Head of Product Development and Regulatory Affairs Tom has held several senior management positions with companies ranging from start-ups to established global companies. He is an accomplished biotech/pharmaceutical executive with expertise in early stage ventures, including technical analysis of products and technologies, business strategy and operations, development program strategy, clinical trial design and interpretation, and interfacing with pharmaceutical partners.
- Christine Leonard, Head of Marketing and Communication Christine is a highly-respected marketing strategist with a passion for brands that aim to improve lives. She has lead strategic marketing, consumer insight mining and creative development for highly competitive and often complex categories – all in the financial services, pharmaceutical and healthcare businesses.
- Mike Scotti, Head of Finance Mike was an analyst with Credit Suisse’s Leveraged Finance Group prior to his transition to the senior management and board positions he’s held at various business and non-profit organizations. He is also a published author and public speaker, and veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan, where he served as a U.S. Marine. Mike holds an MBA with a specialization in finance from NYU’s Stern School of Business.
SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY BOARD
- Thomas Dahl, PhD, Biotech Executive & Consultant Tom is an accomplished biotech/pharmaceutical executive with expertise in early stage ventures, including technical analysis of products and technologies, business strategy and operations, development program strategy, clinical trial design and interpretation, and interfacing with pharmaceutical partners.
- Joris Verster, PhD, Utrecht University Joris has extensive experience as principal investigator of clinical trials examining the effects of drugs on driving, cognitive effects of food and (medicinal) drugs, alcohol hangover, and sleep and sleep disorders. He is founder of the Alcohol Hangover Research Group, and scientific advisor of various pharmaceutical companies.
- Andrew Scholey, Swinburne University Andrew is a leading international researcher into the neurocognitive effects of natural products, supplements and food components. He is the founder of the Human Cognitive Neuroscience Unit at Northumbria University, UK.
- Dr. Sandra Comer, Strategic Advisory, is a Professor of Neurobiology in the Department of Psychiatry at the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Columbia University, and a Research Scientist VI at the New York State Psychiatric Institute. Dr. Comer’s research focus has been on the clinical development and testing of novel approaches to the treatment of opioid use disorder.
- Gary Zammit, PhD, Clinilabs Gary specializes in early phase and specialty clinical drug development. He is the founder of Clinilabs and a key opinion leader for clinical development outsourcing.
- Marlou Mackus, Resident Intern, (BSc) Marlou obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences in 2016, and is now a Master’s student in Science and Business Management at Utrecht University, The Netherlands. She is also working on her thesis on alcohol hangover. Marlou has published several papers on bio-behavioral correlates of the alcohol hangover, and presented her work at scientific conferences around the world.
- Kate McDonough, Resident Intern, (BSc) Kate graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering. At UVa, Kate wrote her thesis on the care management of ‘high-utilizers’ and patients who are addicted to opioids. As part of Capstone research, she recruited teams across the UVa hospital to advise the data collection of opioid-dependent patients and design of care plans for these patients. In 2017, Kate served as an analyst for Caretaker Medical, a medtech device company based in Charlottesville, VA.
- Douglas W. Hammond, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, NFP Doug is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NFP, a leading insurance broker and consultant that provides employee benefits, property and casualty, retirement and individual private client solutions. With NFP since 1999, Doug has held multiple leadership roles, including Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel. Under his leadership, NFP has grown to over $1 billion in revenue. In 2013, Doug led NFP’s $1.4 billion go-private transaction with Madison Dearborn Partners (MDP), LLC, a leading private equity firm. In late 2016, he led a recapitalization of NFP, scheduled to close in early 2017, valuing NFP at over $3 billion.
- Maria Carell, Strategic Advisor, Exeltis/Chemo Group and Industrial Advisor at EQT & Nordic Capital Maria has an extensive background in operating, acquiring and developing healthcare and life science companies, with a particular focus on pharmaceutical and medical device development. Maria has led organizations to substantial growth through transformational acquisitions. She is also credited with the successful divestiture of Q-Med to Galderma S.A., a transaction valued at approximately 1 billion USD.