It all began in the Spring of 2014. Jacqueline Iversen, RPh, MS – Head of Clinical Development at Sen-Jam Pharmaceutical, had what many people would call a “eureka moment.” As a pharmacist, having seen many patients suffer from a myriad of side- effects, Jackie wondered if there might be a clinically proven way to prevent painful side- effects altogether.
After countless hours researching side-effects, she hit upon it. A combination of drugs that perform what some might call a minor miracle: the mitigation of Hangover symptoms.
Cue the Hallelujah chorus.
Thus was born Exulta™, the FDA-pending product, utilizing a combination of drugs. Not simply a new combination for consumer convenience, but a new pharmaceutical solution for the treatment and prevention of a number of innovative and broad indications not treated by the current FDA OTC Drug Monograph System.
Sen-Jam, a brief history:
- 02/27/17 – Michael Scotti joins Sen-Jam as Head of Finance
- 02/17/17 – Past public objection period for Exulta trademark
- 02/13/17 – Website launched, http://www.sen-jam.com
- 02/10/17 – Alcohol Hangover Definition accepted for publication – Current Drug Abuse Review, 2017 – In Press
- 02/03/17 – Proceedings article published of 8th Annual Alcohol Hangover Research Group – Current Drug Abuse Reviews, 2017
- 01/29/17 – Maria Carell joins Sen-Jam’s Advisory Board
- 01/02/16 – Douglas Hammond joins Sen-Jam’s Advisory Board
- 01/02/16 – Christine Leonard joins Sen-Jam as Head of Marketing & Communications
- 11/22/16 – Sen-Jam receives Notice of Allowance for the trademark “Sen-Jam”
- 10/28/16 – Sen-Jam completes Pre-Investigational New Drug meeting with FDA
- 09/01/16 – Thomas Dahl joins Sen-Jam as Head of Product Development & Regulatory Affairs
- 08/24/16 – Sen-Jam establishes Scientific Advisory Board
- 08/22/16 – Sen-Jam files trademark application for “Exulta”
- 08/09/16 – Duck Flats Pharma completes proposed Mechanism of Action Research Report
- 07/25/16 – Clinilabs releases Clinical Study Report for Clinical Trail
- 06/25/16 – Sen-Jam presents research findings to Alcohol Hangover Research Group at the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Conference
- 03/18/16 – Sen-Jam files Non-Provisional Patent Application
- 03/18/16 – Sen-Jam files International Patent Application
- 03/26/15 – Sen-Jam files Provisional Patent Application
- 01/15/15 – JMI Capital Group starts incubating Project JMI-001
- 04/15/14 – Volunteer study begins for JMI-001
- Spring 2014 – Jacqueline Iversen, RPh, MS, has Eureka Moment